Pokemon Flare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Pokemon Flare

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team Gray Pokeballs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cirrus

Cirrus

Pokemon Points : 4
Forum Reputation : 0

Team Gray Pokeballs Empty
PostSubject: Team Gray Pokeballs   Team Gray Pokeballs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:24 am

This team's goal is to cripple the opponent's team with status effects, and then (and only then) attempt a set-up and then to sweep. I have found that status effects are quite beneficial, and it's foolish to just spam DD or SD or something without having some kind of assurance that you won't die in 2 turns when the opponent sends in a counter. Then you stupidly stay in, and die in exchange for a little damage to the counter. And so I made a team that revolves around infecting the opponent's team, and THEN attempting a sweep.

Team Gray Pokeballs 485
Modest Heatran@Leftovers
252 HP, 240 Spd, 16 Sp Atk
SR
WOW
Overheat
Earth Power

I used to have Smeargle here as a Sporer and Spikes setter, but it just wasn't fast enough, and didn't really seem to do its job too well. I also noticed I needed more synergy with my other Pokemon, and Heatran's unique typing seemed really attractive. SR is actually a last resort on this Heatran mainly for its predictability issue. WOW works with the team's strategy, and burns leads such as Meta, Swampert, Ambipom, Azelf and Bronzong, who will not appreciate the Explosion Attack cut. Overheat is there to barbecue said Bronzong, as well as Scizor, Meta and Roserade. This Heatran isn't meant to stay in too long, so I deemed Overheat to be a better choice than Flamethrower.

Team Gray Pokeballs 479_rotom_heat_1_m
Bold Rotom@Choice Scarf
252 HP, 120 Def, 136 Spd
Trick
T Wave
Thunderbolt
Overheat

136 Speed allows me to outspeed max Speed Ambipom, Azelf and Starmie for attacking with the appropriate move when needed. I chose Rotom because it works very well for synergy, and still fills the role of spreading status. It has Levitate to allow switch-outs from Electivire, and a switch-out from Fighting attacks aimed at Smeargle. Overheat is for a certain red bug, and Thunderbolt is for STAB. Rotom's main role is to paralyze and Trick, but it can also be used as a revenge killer, which is good for when it's necessary, and to deal with Starmie, who gets Natural Cure, so paralysis doesn't really work as well.

Team Gray Pokeballs 130
Adamant Gyarados@Leftovers
156 HP, 72 Atk, 96 Def, 84 Sp Def
DD
T Wave
Stone Edge / EQ
Waterfall

Behold, death. This Gyarados has pulled me through so many difficult corners, it's ridiculous. Defensive investment means that I have the opportunity to set up more than 1 DD, usually 3 if I can predict correctly, which IMO, is more power than the dense-minded 'standard' 252 Atk and 252 Speed Jolly set that others use. Gyarados also has the fortune of learning Thunder Wave, making it a perfect candidate for this team, and to aid in getting DDs up at times. I'm thinking of EQ to cover Heatran, but that means I won't have much against Salamence, who would be able to set-up on me.

Team Gray Pokeballs 475
Careful Gallade@Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk
Bulk Up
WOW
Shadow Sneak
Drain Punch

Another epic Pokemon when it gets the chance to set-up (don't steal it from me, either. >.>). After a few Bulk Ups, Gallade is one tough cookie to take down. WOW neuters the physical sweepers who get off on 'O lawl i cn use fisicl attacks cuz its week to them'. Including a certain red bug and certain blue dragon who I will remain unnamed. Anyhoo, Gallade is here mainly for WOW, and another set-upper. It has great Special Defense, allowing it to switch into Electric, Fire and Ice attacks aimed at my other Pokemon. I chose Drain Punch over Close Combat because it's senseless to lower my stats when that's exactly what Gallade is geared to increase, and the extra HP comes quite in handy for residual and consequential battle damage.

Team Gray Pokeballs 466
Naive Electivire@Expert Belt
36 Atk, 220 Spd, 252 Sp Atk
T Wave
Ice Punch
Flamethrower
T Bolt

Ucwutididthur? Yep, GyaraVire for the Thunderbolt n00bs. After a Speed boost that people just love giving me, and Expert Belt, coupled with BoltBeam and Fire attacks for Steels, and to barbeque a certain red Pokemon, Electivire makes a good mid-game sweeper. When I don't have the glory of a Speed boost, T Wave makes up for it, furthuring my master plan.

Team Gray Pokeballs 149
Careful Dragonite@Leftovers
252 HP, 184 Def, 16 Spd, 56 Sp Def
Roost
DD
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw

This is what it all boils down to. After the opponent's team is infected with slow Pokemon, Dragonite comes in to set-up. Roost takes care of residual damage that I receive from setting-up, and coupled with Leftovers, makes Dragonite much harder to take down. DD to set-up, while hoping for paralysis hax, and after that, sweep with Fire Punch and Dragon Claw, which is unresisted in OU (bar Heatran), while the latter has the glory of STAB. With a team full of paralyzed and burned Pokemon, and one possibly snoozing, Dragonite has all the opportunity it needs to DD up for about 3-4 turns, and rip through the opponent's team. Of course, I have Electivire, Gallade, Gyarados' Stone Edge and Jirachi to take down the Ice attack-users such as Donphan, Weavile, other Electivire, and Salamence (Dragon, but still). I don't send in Dragonite until later on in the battle when the opponents' Pokemon are worn down. Some may argue that Salamence is a better choice, however. I chose Dragonite because of its higher defenses, but Mence might be a better option.

As stated before, the strategy of this team is to infect the opponent with paralysis and burns, and then sweep. Dragonite himself isn't NEEDED to sweep, Gallade, Gyarados and Electivire all work as sweepers, as well. And backup is important for a team. What bothers me about this team is that it's all physical, and in OU mentality, physical bulkiness is key. However, I can't think of any good special sweepers that can fit into this team, and again, Smeargle bothers me, but it's needed to reliably put the opponent to sleep, and set-up entry hazards. I'm considering Bronzong for my lead.
Back to top Go down
Freak
Admin
Freak

Pokemon Points : 80
Forum Reputation : 0

Team Gray Pokeballs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Gray Pokeballs   Team Gray Pokeballs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:57 am

Nice team and good luck with it
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonflare.forumotion.com

Team Gray Pokeballs
Page 1 of 1